Thursday, November 12, 2009

Leaving is bittersweet

I have been at Side Pockets for almost 7 years now and I put my two weeks in last Friday. I cried when I told both of my bosses that I was leaving. My reasons for leaving are simple, I have a 3 month old baby who I would like to be able to spend more time with and I also don't want to get sick from the hundreds of people I come into contact with and bring something home to her. Last night we had a mandatory meeting where they discussed the holiday shifts and I can honestly say that I was so glad I had already put in my two weeks notice. You can imagine that working with a bunch of mostly female staff members can make things dramaful at times and no more so than when it comes down to who has to work the holiday shifts. I can't believe how mean they are to each other about it. Last year they tried to force me to work Christmas night when my family lives 4 hours away so that two workers could have off the same shift together and both of their families are in the area. It brought back memories of a time when I wanted to leave and reminded me why. So I would still say that I am going to be sad leaving a place that I have been a part of for so long, but I am glad to be going too.

No comments: