Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Advice???

I don't mind when people give me advice on parenting, actually I welcome the advice. Obviously I am new at the whole mom thing and I don't mind hearing the different ways of doing things. What irritates me is when I listen to their advice but choose not to follow it, and they take it as a personal insult!! Or even worse, if they are not giving me the advice or asking my opinion and when they are around my daughter they just do their own thing as if they were raising her like she were theirs. I am trying not to come off as too harsh to these people, but this is my choice and I feel like they are trying to take that away from me. And if I have to hear one more time about how many kids they raised or how "fine" their kids are I am going to scream!! I don't mind the advice but I still want the final say of what is actually going to take place to be my decision as I am the one who had to get fat and swollen and carry her around for nine months!!

No comments: